Meet the iRig 2
Exciting news on the instrumental front today – iRig 2 has been released. It’s the sequel/update to IK Multimedia’s original, and insanely popular iRig guitar interface.
- 1/4” instrument input for use with guitar, bass and other line instruments
- 1/4” amplifier output for use with an external amplifier without an adaptor
- 1/8” TRRS output for use with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Android
- 1/8” headphone output
- Compact and lightweight design
- Selectable dual-mode switch: FX and THRU
- Input gain thumbwheel for easy signal control
- Comes with microphone stand Velcro strip
- Comes with AmpliTube FREE and a full suite of powerful IK applications and software
- Works with any other recording, processing, tuning or music app.
I’m happy to see the update, and eager to get my hands on one. I’m primarily a guitarist, so I’ll be doing plenty of guitar things with Amplitube mobile, but I’m equally as excited to work it into my controllerism setup. Not only will it inspire some creativity by turning my phone into an external effects processor for synths and/or Ableton output, but it’ll also free up some valuable processing power on my aging laptop – so, it’s well worth the $39!
You can read more about it and purchase it direct from IK’s website.